An appeal is the ultimate means by which a TSI client or other affected party can request the independent review of a TSI decision taken in the process of certification/registration. In addition the Complainant against the Chief Executive shall be dealt as per this procedure.
The process may be initiated with regard to any decision made on behalf of TSI which cannot be resolved through other channels. This procedure covers the overall Appeal procedure and reference must be made to the full Contract Terms and Scheme for Registration in all cases.
Appeal Handling Process
The Chief Executive of TSI is responsible for all decisions at all levels of the appeals- handling process those are decided by the independent appeal panel. The persons engaged in the appeals-handling process are different from those who carried out the audits and made the certification decisions.
The TSI Applicant / Registered Clients are notified about the Appeal Procedure during its application process and also during closing meeting of the assessment.
- Walk through the appeal subject, validate and collect the objective evidences.
- Discuss and advise of next step and time scale.
- Nominee to report to Chairperson of Advisory Committee in writing to close the appeal within the 30 days period. An extension may be granted by the Chairperson only based on circumstantial evidences.
PROCEDURE FOR DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS/APPEALS
- Each appeal or complaint shall be written on the form (provided to complainant by TSI) or as an individual document elaborated by complainant. Within 14 days TSI shall inform the complainant about the way of complaint solving or about the steps, which shall be done for complaint review and the time horizons.
- In a case of the third party appeal against the management system of organization certified by the certification body TSI, Director of certified company, for which the appeal is addressed, is contacted. Consequently the justness and reasons of complaint are verified and if necessary the short-notice audit is instructed. In a case of complaint justness and its importance TSI can suspend/withdraw the certificate.
- TSI informs complainant about the final complaint solution.